Thursday 26 September 2013

Dramatic Smokey Eye Make Up Look

I love experimenting with different make up looks and have always loved smokey eyes so I thought I would create this post for you.
 This is a grey smokey eye look which I always find myself creating on a night out! 

If you would like to know what products I used to create this dramatic eye look then keep on reading! :)




Firstly I used my favourite foundation, Maybelline New York Dream Matte Mousse in 048 Sun Beige! I absolutely love this foundation and will never use anything different. Liquid foundations do not work well with my skin at all and no matter which brand it is for some odd reason my skin always ends up looking very cakey and becomes extra oily which isn’t a good look at all! Dream Matte Mousse is perfect for my skin, However it isn’t very moisturising so it probably wouldn’t work as well for people with dry skin.

After I applied my foundation I used MUA pressed powder in shade 4. To be honest you don’t really need a setting powder when using dream matte mousse but as I have slightly oily skin I find it protects my skin against oiliness throughout the day if I add a small amount on my T zone.

I contoured my face using my Sleek Face Form Contour & Blush Palette in shade Light 373. I used the highlighter on top of my cheekbones, down the centre of my nose and on my cupids bow. I then used the contour bronzer on my temples, along the sides of my nose, the top of my forehead and in the hollows of my cheeks. To give my cheeks a rosy glow I used the amazing rose gold blush from this palette on the apples of my cheeks.

Now for the eyes... I started off using a primer on my lids, Primers are great for helping your eye makeup to last all day/night especially if you are using loose powder eye shadows or glitters.
I then used my Barry M intense Black eyeliner pen. I used this just under my waterline along my lower lashes.




 Firstly for the eye shadow I used the lightest cream shade from the new MUA Smokin’ Eye Palette for my eyebrow bones and the corner of my eyes. I then used the lightest shade of grey from the same Eye Palette, I used this all over my lid and blended it up towards my eyebrow bone. I then used the darkest shade of grey which I used on the center of my eyelids. For the outer corners I used the black eye shadow which I also used on my lower lash line. 

Once I had blended the eye shadows I used a small dust of my Bourjois Paris eye shadow number 92. This is a beautiful grey chalky shade with a touch of silver glitter. I used this in the center of my eyelids.

After the eyeshadow was complete I used Rimmel London’s Exaggerate water eyeliner along my lash line.  I then curled my lashes ready for mascara! I used Bourjois Paris Volume Clubbing Dramatic Look Mascara and then finally added my fake eyelashes!
 For my lips I lined them with Jemma Kidds lip line duo, I used the darkest shade for this (neutral), For lipstick I used MAC Patisserie. This is a neutral shade that I thought would be perfect to use with the dramatic eye and it works well to finish the overall look.



There you have it! A Dramatic Smokey Eye look that is perfect for a night out! 
Thank you for reading and hope you enjoyed this post!


Nada

xxx


4 comments:

  1. Great post :-) We love the grey chalky shade with a touch of silver glitter - agree perfect for an evening look

    Your make up looks so lovely - flawless :-) These colours/shade really suits you too.

    x Roch & Tash x
    www.next-route-style.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much :) I am really into smokey eyes at the moment! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are absolutely gorgeous!!! Great job on the smokey eye!!! Love it! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh :') ... Thank you for your lovely comment! xx

    ReplyDelete