Sunday 1 September 2013

Beauty Review: No 7 BB Lips Beauty Balms




I took a trip to Boots recently with Nada to make the most of the £3 pound off voucher I had to spend on No 7 make-up. 

At the moment I am trying to step out of my nude lips comfort zone and try something a bit different. However, as I am not a fan of bright/vibrant colours on my lips, I felt that searching for the perfect coral shade is a step in the right direction, and that's where I came across this little beauty!  

There were about 6 shades in the range and I swatched quite a few colours in store including Blink Pink (a baby pink), Ballerina (a dusky pink, your lips but better shade) and Blush Coral (a subtle tangerine/coral), which I instantly loved! 





Blush Coral is lovely coral/tangerine shade with the tiniest hint of shimmer. Essentially this product is a tinted lip balm and on the lips the product provides a hi-shine gloss which doesn't feel at all sticky and in actual fact feels really hydrating. The wear time is obviously not as long lasting as a lip-stick however it does last noticeably longer than a lip balm would. This product can also be worn throughout the day as it does offer UV protection in the form of SPF 15. 

The applicator is a slanted plastic nib which can at times be quite tricky to apply the product evenly, however what I tend to do is put a dab of product on the lips and then blend it out to leave a natural finish. On the plus side however, the applicator is very hygienic!

I wouldn't go as far to say that these BB Lips are the perfect dupe for the Clarins Instant Light Lip Perfectors, but finding something as close to the BB Lips and with a drugstore price tag would be very difficult, so I'm sold! 

So, if you like a subtle glossy hint of colour without the stickiness of a lip gloss and with the nourishing qualities of a lip balm then look no further, No 7 BB Lips is your answer. 

You can pick up this product from No 7 counters in Boots stores for £8.50/11ml 

Thanks for reading

Louise 
xxx











No comments:

Post a Comment