Sunday 29 September 2013

Top 5 Autumn Beauty Picks

Beautysets - Top 5 Autumn Beauty Picks


Lately I have been really enjoying switching up my make-up and experimenting with some autumnal shades. Up until recently I would always shy away from bold colours whether that be in an eyeshadow or lipstick format and would always stick to my beloved neutral shades. I must have gone to the dark side as i'm now on the hunt to expand my make-up collection with some new autumn plum/cranberry purchases. 

Here are my top 5 beauty picks for Autumn!

1. Essie - Material Girl
On the nails this is a beautiful dark burgundy shade and up close has red undertones. This shade is very similar to 'Wicked' but it is slightly more on the plum/purple spectrum. I love sporting vampy nails and this shade is probably an all time favourite AW nail varnish shade of mine. 

2. Maybelline 24 Hour Color Tattoo - Metallic Pomegranate
I have to say I absolutely LOVE these color tattoos as the longevity and pigmentation are absolutely amazing. I picked this shade up recently and it is a beautiful cranberry with gold shimmer running through it and will see you right through AW. Just like all the other shades in the range the versatility of them are just great. You can either wear it lightly over the lids just for a wash of colour during the day or you can build it up for a more intense evening look.

3. Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte by Kate Moss - Shade 107
This is a gorgeous deep plum/red shade and is perfect for the colder months to come. Although it is classed as a matte lipstick, the formula is not drying on the lips at all and the lasting power is great. I think this shade would suit many different skin tones and is a great staple to have in anyone's make-up collection. 

4. MAC - Rebel

I know, another lipstick! This one however is more of a dark purple/pink shade. It is a satin finish which means it is soft to apply and is nourishing on the lips. It has quite a decent wear time and ends up leaving a beautiful stain. Rimmel have also just revamped their Moisture Renew line which includes a perfect dupe of this lipstick in the shade 'Glam Plum Fulham'. This lipstick line hasn't yet hit the stores but expect them to be available from October 2nd. 

5. MUA Single Pearl Eyeshadow - Shade 25

The MUA single eyeshadows are brilliant!  For a mere £1 each and such an affordable brand you would think the eyeshadows would be chalky in texture but they are they are so creamy and are a dream to apply! This shade in particular is very similar to MAC 'Cranberry' - it is a beautiful burgundy with a shimmery undertone and would be be great paired with 'Metallic Pomegranate' or simply would be great on its own. 

So that's my top 5 make-up picks for this season. I think the colours are perfect for AW and you can create so many different looks! Whether you feel more comfortable rocking a bright lip with natural eyes or fancy creating a smoky eye with neutral lips then there's something here for you. 


I hope you liked reading this post!
Louise 
xxx


1 comment:

  1. I see a definite 'dark pink/red' theme running through your picks, which as you'll probably know is perfect for A/W13. Great post, I love seeing what other people like!
    Rebecca, from A Little Bit of Glitter (www.alittlebitofglitter24.blogspot.co.uk)
    xx

    ReplyDelete